Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Mission statement

At first, I conceived this blog as an online journal of sorts. But faced with the prospect of airing my daily trivialities so nakedly, I reconsidered -- and unfortunately left this space neglected.

With the new year coming, I decided to begin anew.

The revised idea began inauspiciously. It coalesced in my head during a conversation with a colleague over beers and cigarettes at no more (or no less) than Al's Garage in Las Vegas, Nev.

This blog will, however, be about subjects I do enjoy writing about: music, books and journalism. So get ready for posts ranging from my current fascination with Peter Gabriel-era Genesis to my battles with reading Charles Dickens' Bleak House (a grueling three months as of this post, with no foreseeable end in sight).

No comments: